How To Create Your Private PixARK Server – PixARK is something of it’s own kind, think of minecraft and ARK combined together. The pixelated graphics that minecraft offers along with the survival element of ARK: Survival Evolved added in one game.
How To Create Your Private PixARK Server
If you are looking to create a dedicated a server using your own PC, then read the guide we have written step-by-step tutorial that you can follow.
First you have to download SteamCMD from here
SteamCMD will help you in obtaining the game files from the Steam servers that you are going to use for the server creation process.
Create a directory on your PC with the name pixarkserver (can be anything you like, this is just an example)
Now, create a folder within the folder that you created earlier:
Directory now: D:\pixarkserver\steamcmd
Now move the the SteamCMD.exe file that we had downloaded earlier to the folder. Run the exe file, this will start the download of some files from the steam servers. Type exit after the process is complete.
Type “start “” steamcmd/steamcmd.exe +login username password +force_install_dir “C:\pixarkserver” +app_update 824360 validate +quit”
(Replace username and password with your Steam ID and password)
Save this file as update.bat, run this file which will start download of the game files. Time taken will depend on the speed of your connection.
Creating The Server
Once you have downloaded all the files we can move forward with the creation of the local server.
- Now we have to create a .bat file that will start PixARKServer.exe file (located inside the downloaded directory D:/pixarkserver/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/PixARKServer.exe)
- Open notepad type “start “” /NORMAL “C:\pixarkserver\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\PixARKServer.exe” “CubeWorld_Light?listen?MaxPlayers=YOURMAXPLAYERS?Port=27015?QueryPort=27016?RCONPort=27017?SessionName=YOURHOSTNAME?ServerAdminPassword=YOURADMINPASSWORD?CULTUREFORCOOKING=en” -NoBattlEye -NoHangDetection -CubePort=27018 -cubeworld=YOURWORLDNAME -Seed=YOURRANDOMSEED -nosteamclient -game -server -log”
- Save the file as launch.bat in the D:/pixarkserver directory.
- YOURHOSTNAME – This is the name of your server.
- YOURADMINPASSWORD – This is going to be the password that a user has to type in order to connect to your dedicated server.
- YOURMAXPLAYERS – The maximum number of players that can join a server. Highest number is 70.
Setup Server Config File
The server configuration is inside the GameUserSettings.ini that is located inside “D:\pixarkserver\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer”
There are two game modes in the game that you can switch between
- Fury Game Mode – ServerPVE=false
- Pioneering Game Mode – ServerPVE=true
How To Launch the PixArk Dedicated Server
Just start the launch.bat file and your dedicated server will start. This might take a while when you attempt it for the first time after that the time taken will be less.